Gothic German Text Editor
At Home or On-Site
Last updated October 21, 2015
Do you have a love of old gothic German, or an interest in Amish culture? Do you have patience and an attention to detail to correct a Word document created from scanned gothic German script? With your help, we can make much wanted books available to Amish people who are blind.
- Must be computer literate and have easy access to a computer with Microsoft Word, Acrobat viewer and access to the internet/email.
- Must be organized and careful with regards to computer files and file management.
- Must be willing and able to learn the Gothic German script.
- A good knowledge of the German language is a major advantage.
- Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail and a "perfectionist" attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Long-term commitment (at least 12 months).
Time commitment of 3-5 hours/week for a duration of at least 3 months.
Training will be provided.
At our office in the Central Library Building in downtown Milwaukee.
For more information about our Volunteer Opportunities, please contact:
Matt or Janet: 414-286-3039 or email@example.com