Back Translation Proofreader
At Home or On-Site
Last updated October 21, 2015
Enable blind people to lead more independent and productive lives by assisting our organization with the process of producing various print materials in braille.
Proofread the original print material with a print copy that has been translated from the braille back into standard print. The purpose is to spot any differences (spelling, punctuation, etc.) between the original and the transcription.
- Adult (18 + Years).
- Available Weekdays.
- Able to come to our office, which is on major bus lines and is accessible for people with disabilities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent a must - college level reading and literacy skills preferred.
- This is an entry level position, but you will need to have some knowledge of braille, and/or a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Attention to detail and a "perfectionist" attitude.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- An ability to read standard print in English
- An ability to recognize errors in spelling, punctuation, capitalization, word division, spacing, omissions, content and consistency of format.
- Computer literacy a plus - experience with Windows and knowledge of basic file management may be helpful.
- Long-term commitment (at least 12 months).
This is an ongoing and long-term commitment. We ask a minimum of 4 to 5 hours per week.
Training will be provided.
At Home, or at our office in the Central Library Building in downtown Milwaukee.
For more information about our Volunteer Opportunities, please contact:
Matt or Janet: 414-286-3039 or firstname.lastname@example.org